Saturday, January 14, 2012

Live thoughts on the TNA White Plains house show

I was at the Westchester County Center in White Plains last night for a TNA shoe. I had a really fun time. They do a great job with the house shows. They're better than the TV. I sat in the balcony. I got nice view from there.

The show wasn't a sell out as there quite a few empty balcony seats. I'm not sure how many people were there, but it was a really good show and hopefully TNA will return to the County Center soon. I hadn't been in there since July 8, 1995 for a WWF house show and it was nice to see a show there again after all these years.

Don West was in the ring doing his sale pitch. He threw some merchandise to the fans. I managed to get a Lockdown 2010 DVD that he threw in my direction. That was cool.

The opener was X Division Champion Austin Aries retaining the Title against Jessie Sorensen & Alex Shelly. This was a good match. All 3 guys worked hard here. It was nice to Alex Shelly back after being out of action for quite a while.

The next match was Gail Kim retaining the Knockouts Title against Velvet Sky. This was solid too. Gail is good worker and Velvet has improved quite a bit. Hearl Hebner was the referee and hhe had on his, "damn right I did" referee shirt.

AJ Styles beat Christopher Daniels in a really good back and forth match. These guys are tremendous wrestlers and deserve to be in the World Title picture.

Then Bully Ray came out and told Earl Hebner to beat it and then he ripped on the fans. This was classic Buh Buh Ray Dudley heal stuff here. Tremendous. Then he challenged anyone in the back to match and Rob Van Dam came out.

Bully Ray beat RVD. Hebner was knocked out and RVD hit the Vandaminator on Ray, but Hebnerr was snoozing. Then Ray got his chain and hit RVD with it to get the win.

Then there was an intermission and Don West was in the ring doing his sales pitch again.

After intermission James Storm went over Kurt Angle in another really fun match. After wards they broke character and Storm wished Angle luck in the 2012 Olympic try outs. Good stuff here. Storm is a great talent both in the ring and on the mic.

The main event was Jeff Hardy pinning TNA World Champion Bobby Roode in a Non Title match. They brawled for a bit before the bell rang and there was some good stuff here too. Hardy was over big time with the fans. The match was good and Roode played to the fans as a heal really well.

The show was maybe 2 hours not counting the 20 minute intermission. I actually wound up going at the last minute. My friend called and I told him about the show and we got the tickets at the door. Glad I went to this. I really enjoyed the show. Hopefully TNA will be back in White Plains soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment